chain coupling, roller chain with sprocket assembly for transmission system.
Chain couplings are suitable for the elastic transmission of rotating components over a wider speed range.
the couplings consist of 2 pre-drilled sprockets with the same number of teeth and a double roller chain DIN8171 with a straight spring lock
the simple opening of these couplings allows quick assembly and disassembly by simply loosening the connecting chain
all in one, the product offers an optimal price / ratio for numerous applications.
on request and depending on the application, the chain couplings can be supplied with hardened teeth as well as with a bore with an adjusting screw cap per wheel
Technical data list,
|Coupling No||Chain type||Teeth Number||Dm||A||E||L||H||d|
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We’ll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
Can chain couplings be used in high-speed applications?
Chain couplings can be used in certain high-speed applications, but there are limitations and considerations that need to be taken into account. The suitability of chain couplings for high-speed applications depends on factors such as the specific design of the coupling, the chosen chain type, and the operating conditions. Here are some key points to consider:
- Coupling Design: The design of the chain coupling plays a crucial role in determining its suitability for high-speed applications. High-speed chain couplings typically incorporate features that minimize vibration, reduce stress concentrations, and ensure smooth operation. Couplings designed for high-speed use may have additional balancing or damping mechanisms to counteract potential issues associated with centrifugal forces and resonance.
- Chain Type: The type of chain used in the coupling can affect its performance at high speeds. In general, roller chains are commonly used in chain couplings. However, for high-speed applications, special high-speed roller chains or other chain types designed for increased rotational speeds may be required. These chains are designed to minimize friction, reduce wear, and handle the centrifugal forces associated with high-speed operation.
- Bearing Selection: Proper bearing selection is critical for high-speed chain couplings. The bearings used in the coupling should be capable of handling the anticipated speeds and dynamic loads. High-quality, precision bearings with appropriate lubrication are typically necessary to ensure smooth operation and minimize the risk of premature failure.
- Balancing and Vibration: High-speed chain couplings should be properly balanced to minimize vibration and ensure stable operation. Imbalances in rotating components can lead to increased noise, excessive stress, and reduced service life. Balancing techniques such as dynamic balancing or the use of counterweights may be employed to achieve smooth and reliable operation.
- Lubrication: Adequate lubrication is crucial for high-speed chain couplings to minimize friction, reduce wear, and dissipate heat effectively. Proper lubrication practices, including the use of high-quality lubricants and regular maintenance, should be followed to ensure optimal performance and prevent premature failure.
Despite these considerations, it’s important to note that chain couplings may have practical limitations in terms of maximum allowable speeds. The specific speed limitations will depend on factors such as the coupling design, chain type, size, and the operating conditions. It is advisable to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines to determine the maximum recommended speed for a particular chain coupling.
In certain high-speed applications where chain couplings may not be suitable, alternative coupling types such as flexible disc couplings, gear couplings, or elastomeric couplings specifically designed for high-speed applications may be more appropriate. These couplings are engineered to handle the challenges associated with high rotational speeds, offering improved balance, reduced vibration, and higher speed capabilities.
Overall, when considering the use of chain couplings in high-speed applications, it is essential to carefully evaluate the specific requirements, consult with the manufacturer, and ensure that the coupling is designed and selected to operate safely and reliably at the desired speeds.
What is the maximum torque capacity of a chain coupling?
The maximum torque capacity of a chain coupling can vary depending on several factors, including the size and design of the coupling, the type and quality of the components used, and the application requirements. It is important to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines for the specific chain coupling being used. These specifications typically provide the maximum torque capacity or the maximum allowable torque for the coupling.
The maximum torque capacity is usually expressed in torque units, such as Newton-meters (Nm) or foot-pounds (ft-lb). It represents the maximum amount of torque that the chain coupling can transmit without exceeding its design limits or risking premature failure.
When selecting a chain coupling, it is crucial to consider the torque requirements of the application and choose a coupling with a sufficient torque capacity. Factors such as the power requirements, operating conditions, and misalignment tolerance should be taken into account to ensure that the selected coupling can handle the required torque.
It is important to note that exceeding the maximum torque capacity of a chain coupling can lead to various issues, including accelerated wear, excessive stress on the components, and potential coupling failure. Therefore, it is recommended to always operate the chain coupling within its specified torque limits to maintain its reliability and longevity.
For accurate and precise information regarding the maximum torque capacity of a specific chain coupling, it is necessary to consult the manufacturer’s documentation or contact the manufacturer directly. They can provide detailed information based on the specific design and specifications of the coupling.
What is a chain coupling?
A chain coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two rotating shafts in a power transmission system. It consists of two sprockets or toothed wheels and a roller chain that meshes with the sprocket teeth. The sprockets are mounted on the respective shafts and linked together by the chain, allowing torque to be transmitted from one shaft to the other.
Chain couplings are designed to provide a flexible and reliable connection between shafts while accommodating misalignment between them. They are known for their ability to compensate for angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, making them suitable for a wide range of industrial applications.
The sprockets of a chain coupling typically have hardened teeth that engage with the rollers of the chain. The chain itself is made up of a series of interconnected links, each consisting of two plates joined by pins. The rollers are mounted on the pins, allowing them to rotate freely and mesh with the sprocket teeth.
One of the key advantages of chain couplings is their ability to transmit high torque loads. The engagement between the sprockets and the chain provides a positive drive, allowing for efficient power transfer even in demanding applications. Chain couplings are commonly used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment where large amounts of power need to be transferred, such as conveyors, mixers, crushers, and industrial drives.
Chain couplings also offer flexibility in shaft alignment. They can compensate for angular misalignment, which occurs when the shafts are not perfectly aligned at an angle. Additionally, they can accommodate parallel misalignment, where the shafts are offset from each other, as well as axial misalignment, which refers to the displacement along the axis of the shafts.
Proper lubrication is essential for the efficient operation and longevity of chain couplings. Lubricants such as oil or grease are applied to the chain and sprockets to reduce friction and wear. This helps to prevent heat buildup and ensures smooth rotation and power transmission.
Chain couplings are available in various sizes, configurations, and materials to suit different application requirements. The selection of a chain coupling depends on factors such as torque capacity, speed, shaft diameter, and misalignment tolerance.
In summary, chain couplings provide a flexible, reliable, and high-torque solution for connecting rotating shafts in power transmission systems. They offer the ability to compensate for misalignment, making them suitable for a wide range of industrial applications where efficient power transfer is crucial.
editor by CX 2023-10-19